Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pranks!

So this news is a day old, but I can't help but rant about how cool it was.

A very well tuned comedy group known as the Yes Men, along with the help of several organizations such as United for Peace and Justice (who organized the RNC protests in NYC) and CODEPINK distributed something like 1.2 million copies of the New York Times yesterday morning.

Not really a big deal right? Oh, except for a few things. One, the paper was dated July 4, 2009. Two, the motto was changed to "All the News We Hope to Print." Three, main headline was "Iraq War Ends." See below:If only, right? I like the part about the "Sane Economy" and the Maximum Wage law. Apparently a buddy of mine snagged a copy of this, so I'm hoping to read it. The rumor is that it looks and feels exactly like a standard NYT print edition, and they even wrote all of the articles going into it.

I figure half the people on the subway yesterday must have been a little confused. I wonder how many people got it and how many people swore to do less drugs in the morning.

No comments: