Normally I'm used to going without proper amounts of sleep for long periods of time. Alas, I'm now officially showing my age. Seriously, I try to get up in the morning to go running and I feel like a brick hit me. Either this damn cat is keeping me up too late or I need some more of something so nerdy that I won't mention, but helps me to breath.... right at night. Damn. I'm a dork.
So to go along with that (I figure I might as go whole hog), here's installment number two of Gile's amazing adventures.
Giles' Amazing and Thrilling Outdoor Adventure's Number Two:
Or, the Episode in Which Giles Realizes the Outdoors is REALLY Big REALLY Quickly.
So I'm getting things ready to go for Giles' next big day walking. I figure I need to get him out again, as he's been a bit of a punk in the last few days. Shredding towels, meowing all night, farting too much and more of the usual.
I opened the door and went to work getting his leash and harness together. Oh, did I mention he's a freaking cat? Yeah, need to throw that in once an episode. I grab everything, turn around and, my God!, the cat is gone. Like a fat man to free donuts he poofed out the door.
I panic a bit and swivel my head side to side but quickly spy him out the door. There stands Giles, face to face with the most fearsome of all creatures: a rake. I'm afraid he'll run off or something, so I sprint out of the house. And with all the grace of a wildebeest, I trip and fall off the stoop, ending up in an awkward lump on the grass, with my arms outstretched.
As I do this, Giles' grabs a rake spoke, bites it and gets smacked in the face when he lets go. So he runs down the driveway, sees a dumptruck, shoots 3 feet into the air and does a 360, runs back toward me, runs on my back and into the house, where he promptly slides into a wall.
Such is my life. I think I bagged me a dumb one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment