Went to go see the new James Bond film today with some guys from school (yes, it was like a group mandate in a way). So of course I have to share my thoughts, but don't worry, I shall keep it concise and frill-free.
The movie was, overall, very solid. I'd say a B+ or a bare A-, but still it was exactly want I was in the mood for this afternoon. Now the "OMG new bond, so cool srsly" effect has worn off since "Casino Royale" but Daniel Craig is still an awesome bond. Yes, his range only spans from "brooding" to "brooding while punching someone through a glass window" to "brooding while brooding," but it does improve on Pierce's one specialty, which happened to be simply awful and corny.
The supporting roles were fine, I mean Judi Dench is always great and the female lead again was very talented. Plot wise, there really was none. Some sort of nonsense about geoterrorism, water shortages and a mysterious group called "Quantum" about which nothing is ever really revealed.
Still, very entertaining, easy on the eyes, and a good Bond performance. Very worth it for $5 on a Sunday afternoon.
Oh, and yes ladies, you do get to see a bit of Bond sans shirt. Enjoy the 30 or so seconds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment