Monday, November 17, 2008

En Fuego!

A bit of a ruckus today:
I'm sitting there grading, earning my big, fat TA paycheck when I notice a fleet of fire engines, ambulances (always thought "ambulii" might be a more fun name for them) and cops come tearing down the street and rush into the nearby business school building.
Apparently some dumb-ass I-Banker wannabe had one of those batteries in his Mac that super heats. So he's sitting there with it on his lap, freaks out when it starts to burn a hole in his crotch and does his best to get rid of it. By tossing it in the recycling bin. He then runs to find tech support, and in his absence, some of paper ignites.
Extreme heat + fuel = smoke + fire + PANIC.

Gotta say, a fun 30 minutes to watch from a high - up window.

No comments: