Wednesday, November 5, 2008

...aaaaaand release.

So despite the fact that I was absolutely exhausted/near death from some sort of exotic illness yesterday afternoon, I managed to tough it out and watch the election (I'm such a trooper!). I think we all knew where it was headed, but there was still that background apprehension lurking that made you ask "What if..." Of course it was irrational, and the only "What if" that would have helped McCain last night was "What if the Lord Almighty descended upon California and said 'Yo, crazy Left Coasters, vote for McCain or I'm totally making it 12 degrees colder here. For realz!'"

Once every network simultaneously called it for Obama, it was less jubilation that I felt and more relief. No voter fraud, no controversy, McCain gave a fantastic and genuine concession speech, and the election was actually won ON ELECTION DAY. This morning, I have to say, I feel slightly more jubilant, but still a bit antsy. The country has to deal with lame duck Bush for a few more months, and I really do hope Obama lives up to the rhetoric.

In other news, Randall F'ing Munroe is coming to speak at my school! The mind behind XKCD, the best webcomic that infrequently mentions velociraptors and bondage, will be here on Friday speaking at Cook and then an after party at the student center. Which will likely be the nerdiest thing ever. Needless to say, pictures will be taken.

No comments: