Friday, December 19, 2008

Bah Humbug!

Honestly, people from New York City and Westchester do not have a clue how to drive in the snow. I think I always knew this, but the demonstration was helpful as I made a 4.5 hour trek in a nearly unbearable 7 hours. Let's review what not to do, shall we?

1. Brake suddenly - This isn't a skid demo for a tricked out race car. If you have to slam on your brakes, you're likely doing #2 or #3.

2. Follow so closely you can see what radio station the car in front of you is playing - Yes, I get it, you're in a rush. But your tires can't grip and you can't do more than 25 without flying off the road, so why don't you take it easy. Because when you smash that dude's rear end, guess who pays?

3. Speed - I understand the speed limit is 55, you no doubt have a cup of eggnog and Mrs. Claus waiting at home for you. Still, don't weave in and out of traffic. It spooks the other drivers and honestly, you need to learn the difference between a Corolla and a SnowCat.

4. Accelerate while skidding - Unless you have a death wish, which I don't. So, um, cut it out.

5. Any combination of the above - I hate you. Are you just randomly pressing buttons and pressing pedals to see what happens? Seriously, I see you in there. Close your sunroof and stop playing with your seat controls. Everyone knows heated seats feel like you messed yourself in your pants anyways.

No comments: